What Does Eczema Look Like?
Eczema is term for a group of medical conditions that cause the skin to become inflamed or irritated.
Eczema can come in many different shapes and forms and can look many different ways. The easiest way to know what eczema looks like is to actually look at pictures of various common forms.
Eczema can look like a rash:
eczema arms What Does Eczema Look Like?
One Common Form Of Eczema On The Arms (What Does Eczema Look Like)
Additional Related Article to Read : Eczema Remedy – Foolproof Methods To Relieve Your Suffering
This particular picture is of one of the most common types of eczema characterized by patchy red skin. This type of eczema will often come and go based on various factors.
Common causes for flare-ups include
- Contact with coarse materials
- Becomming too hot or too cold
- Certain soaps or detergents
- Animal dander
Eczema can also have the appearance of small bumps on the skin
what does eczema look like bumps What Does Eczema Look Like?
Picture of Eczema Bumps On The Skin (What Does Eczema Look Like)
This type of eczema tends to be more permanent and can be harder to treat.
It can range from:
- Mild – Barely perceptible elevated bumps
- Moderate – Clearly visible raising of the skin but not excessive
- Severe – Marked and extensive bumps on the skin
The most severe types of eczema can cause red open sores.
severe eczema open sores What Does Eczema Look Like?
Severe Eczema With Open Sores (What Does Eczema Look Like)
This type of eczema can also range from mile to severe:
- Mild – Evidence of small sores on the surface of the skin
- Moderate – May look similar to a mild case. However, sores show evidence of deeper skin injury
- Severe – Many erosive or crusty lesions. Most of which are deep into the skin.
As you can tell, knowing what eczema looks like can be difficult as it comes in many different forms and at many levels of severity. Always remember, when in doubt it is always best to consult your doctor.